Wednesday 11 May 2011

Take A Good Look Around

...because I'm not coming back. No not my blog, I mean this whole rock bottom, strapped for cash, only £7.22 pence in my purse for 2 days scenario. Car is running on fumes, can't do a decent grocery shop, utility bills looming, late on a couple of cards and basically quite cross with myself for letting it happen.
So I'm not returning to this state of play again.

On the plus side I had £18 on Monday with which to feed the family for the week, and having routed through the freezer, bought a few basics, I have done it. Just got to get a couple of add ons for tomorrows evening meal and mission accomplished.

So maybe it's a good thing I can't do a full on grocery shop ? Maybe this was the lesson that needed to be learnt ? I have funds arriving in my very overdrawn bank account on Friday, and it's also payday. Today I will budget for next week while this very skint week is still fresh in my mind.

I've Ebayed and Amazoned ! Have bids and watchers, should reach target.

Going to get over this hurdle and take strength from this week. Because I really, really will do what it takes not to be this penniless again.

5 comments:

  1. I remember one time, one of the kids was sick. Her antibiotic was at that time $80.00 (this was over 20 years ago) I put all my dishes and kitchen ware out on the front lawn. As cars drove by I put up a yard sale sign. When I had $80.00 I went to the druggist. I sold dishes I needed, but I needed the medicine more. It is hell to be this broke. Good luck! I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right where you are and I am so not going back once this is gone! What a day it will be when we get there. We can do this together!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times when we can't afford to do a full grocery shop, like this week. I have rummaged around in the freezer and cupboards and have made due with whatever it is we already have. I could probably go on like this for another week (and probably will have to) with the exception of juiceboxes for my daughter's school lunches. It's amazing what tricks we can pull out of our hats when we have no other options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a month that all I had for food for the month for my daughter and I was $27. I barely had enough gas. Terrible. That is why I am hell bent on getting out of this freaking mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good for you. I like the passion in your post. Lesson learned. This will never happen again. You go girl! Stay positive and move forward. I too have an almost empty fridge, so much so that a friend who stopped by last night mentioned it. Your post has motivated me to write a blog about it!

    ReplyDelete