Sunday 15 May 2011

Endless.

Insurance. Car, home, life, pet... it's endless. It's also big business. So as two renewals - home and pet - popped through my letterbox it's time to investigate some new deals. We have a wonderful shoopers website based in the UK where you get 'cashback' for shopping through an affiliate site. Quidco. In the last five years I've earnt £890.

So the first one is for my beloved four legged friend. No deals on Quidco for him, but seeing as the renewal was £14.34 a month , I found a better suited policy for £8.21 a month. £73.56 saving a year. *Little Dance*. Don't you just love phoning the big companies and saying I want to cancel...just wait until it's the CC companies.

Home Insurance, here is the biggie. , so many options, so many prices, so many comparison sites. If I go through Quidco I can get £50 - £60 cashback, paid in about 6 months time, for validation purposes.  I have an inbox full of quotes, but I'm still umming and ahhing over Home Emergency Cover, Personal Belongings taken out of the house, accidental damage, endless. But I reckon I can save myself £17 a month if I take the basic cover. That's £200 a year plus the cashback.

Ah decisions decisions. The main thing is I'm on the right track.

So I have my progress bar, and there it is the ugly truth. £27256. That's not coming down very fast this month. But it will. In 248 days I will have paid the big loan off, maybe I should get a progress bar for that. It's all positive visuals that I'm doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on reducing the payments!

    I highly encourage you to get an emergency fund in place (generally 1000.00 will be good). And then start attacking the debt. That way you don't have to turn to credit cards when something comes up. I was spinning my wheels doing that for a bit. I got this from Dave Ramsey's baby steps to debt freedom.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete