Sunday 8 May 2011

Relentless

What a week ! And what I've learnt ! Okay so with all the Bank Holidays, Royal Weddings, Easter and School holidays not a lot of working days have been consecutive here in the UK. So the credit card with the huge interest rate of 37%. ? I was late paying it. Totally my fault didn't allow enough time between transferring funds and it clearing to the account.

And what a situation that created. First contact was by mobile, while I was at work, not good. So I call them after work and explain. They of course explain about the humoungous charges they have placed on my account, as it took me over the limit etc etc. They weren't intimidating, but safe to say I started to worry. Worrying is not good. Doesn't acheive anything. So within 24 hours I made the account good, made another payment.

However due to 'records not updating until midnight' I then received two txts and three calls at home from them within 6 hours. This is scary stuff. I really don't like these people.

I'm not shirking my debts, I have every intention of paying it all back, but I will remember how they play the game. I know they are only doing their job, I appreciate I owe them a considerable sum, and I broke the rules. I never ever want to be in that situation again.

So this has put my budget deeper in the brown stuff and I now need to up my game over the next 2 weeks. I have a mountain of 'stuff' to ebay/amazon that I've been procrastinating about. Looking at comparable items it could be £200 at least. So you know where I'll be...

2 comments:

  1. Don't stress about it too much. It gives the debt way too much power over you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhitter, you are right. I have been worrying and it tells on my mind and body. No more.

    ReplyDelete