Monday 25 April 2011

Ugly Debt

So I have this loan. I've had this loan since January 2008. In 9 months I will be free from it's clutches. It is my largest debt repayment each month. When I took it out it was just at the beginning of the well documented credit crunch. Our financial status was okay. Not rolling in it, but fair to say we weren't struggling.

Yes it was a consolidation loan, I know the pitfalls of them...now. So 39 months later with a total change in financial reponsibilities I know I'm hanging on by a thread til this loan ends. I owe £2,709.99 on it.

No chance of paying it off any quicker, just got to hold on tight until it's over. No I'm not wishing my life way, babies will conceived and born in those 9 months ! But what I will do is learn to stick to a budget, make do and mend, snowflake away at my other debts until January 2012. And then I will be £301.11 better off a month and be able to beat the rest of the ugly debt away.

So that's the plan, it's the little things that make the big things happen, 100 pennies in a pound. I'm going to get there.

2 comments:

  1. Just keep reminding yourself that nine months is not that long. It's shorter than 10 months! Keep plugging along. You can do it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I loved this post. It is hard to stay motivated but you helped me today.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete