Tuesday 19 April 2011

A Girl In The Red

A bit about me. A few years ago I had a blog. I loved my blog. It was just me bumbling on about the stuff that life throws at you, and how you try and throw it back sometimes !  It's gone now because that was a different life. Something sad happened within my family. I'm just coming out of the aftermath, grief is a hard experience but one that has to be endured if you are ever going to get better.

I don't want to get all morbid and miserable on here because this blog is about moving forward so let's catch up a bit...

So why RedGirl ? Because I am totally up to my eyeballs in the ugliness of debt. Last blog was a little bit about my financial situation, but now things have changed, sadly for the worse money wise. There is no wonderful Back Button in life, you can't rewind and replay to change the outcome.  So it's time to tackle this head on.

I'm always easily inspired, but quickly distracted. My motivation is like the tide, sadly it runs out as quickly as it runs in. I'm full of ideas but I'm fickle, jump from one chaotic plan to another, lots of sideways steps. I know about snowballing, menu planning, card tarting, defaults, credit reports and budgeting. Just got to get off my bum and do them !

This blog is the way to stay focused, I know it works. I've lurked on many PF blogs. Smiled, nodded and totally understood.

I will get myself a ticker, a savings fund goal, a DFD calendar, all those things because they all help to push me a little further.

Here goes....

7 comments:

  1. Welcome! We're here to hold each other up. Jenny and I have both struggled with life-changing events that altered who we are. We made it through because we held on to each other. You can do it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogville. We'll do our best to help keep you motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey redgirl :) nice to have you in the blogosphere again, looking forward to following your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the welcome :) It's a long road but I am determind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Red! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am honored that you have listed mine in your blog roll. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that something sad happened within your family. Best of luck to you with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Redgirl. Good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete